FWDC Day 7 - dumb it down dummy

Day 7 was a sequel to Day 3 with every member of the batch getting a 30 min session with one Ben Davis. The idea was for us to get our scripts, or whatever we written to date for our 3 min short, reviewed for feedback.

In my continued last minute theme, which has now become etched in my lifestyle, I had nothing to show Ben at the start of day 7. That said, my name came to my rescue yet again. With initials W and S, no matter how a list is arranged (first name or family name) I tend to fall at the bottom of lists. This landed me with the second last slot for the day @ 4:00, giving me enough time to come up with something during the course of the day ... and ... I did.

The idea, which would hopefully go online on Day 19 (25th Nov), was received with mixed views. Where at the core the idea was not considered bad (that does not mean it's good, it's not bad - two very different things) the general tone of the feedback was - the idea is too complicated and too subtle for a short. In a nut shell, I need to dumb it down for the masses.

I have till Monday (Day 11) to water down the idea. The question is - will I get around to it before Monday or will I wait till the last minute?

Ticky Tock ... pal ... Ticky Tock!

No comments:

Post a Comment