Sound of Smells

A though occurred to me today as I was waiting for my scolding coffee to cool down for my consumption. Do smells have a sound?

Allow me to elaborate;
a) Does one sound older or smarter if their breath smells like coffee?
b) does alcohol breath sounds like you are having fun, or you are a fun person to hang out with?

The answer is yes .. generally speaking .. but depends on the experiences you have had with those smells and the association of your neural network.

Its a safe generalization that coffee makes you sound smart because most hard-core coffee consumers tend to be white collar office workers with higher than average intelligence (excluding outliers that come with all data sets). Therefore majority of the public has associated coffee smell to intelligence, vis-sa-vi drinking coffee makes you sound smart.

Next questions: do colors have a smell ? I for one hate the smell of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment